Frequently asked questions
Where is South Park and how do I get there?
South Park, Darlington is a grade II registered historic park. There are several entrances to the park, the main entrance and the entrance for Hullabaloo in the Park is on Parkside (by the white clock tower) DL1 5TG
Getting to the South Park
Due to limited car parking around South Park we recommend you use the town centre car parks and access the park by foot through Victoria Embankment and walk to the Hullabaloo Hub near the clock tower / café area
It’s easy to get to South Park from Darlington railway station; walk from the station, down Parkgate towards the town centre and follow the signs.
South Park is accessible by bus – for more information please visit Traveline North East [external link].
There are cycle paths linking from the town centre through Polam Lane on to South Park. Cyclists can access most areas of the park. We ask cyclists not to cycle in the play area or the main bowling green.
Is South Park accessible?
All spaces are wheelchair accessible. Theatre Hullabaloo will provide more information on accessible routes to each activity closer to the festival dates. This information will be emailed to bookers in pre-show emails where appropriate and will be available on our website.
What Facilities are available at South Park?
The park is open 24 hours a day all year round.
Toilets (including baby changing and accessible toilets) are open from 8:30 until 18:00
There is also a Café at the park offering hot and cold drinks and light snacks. The Café is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm and Saturday to Sunday from 8.30pm to 4pm. and offers bottle / baby food warming facilities
In addition to this, dedicated Hullabaloo in the Park staff will be on hand to offer assistance where needed, just look out for the orange t – shirts!
Are there any restrictions in place?
We take your safety seriously and are adhering to all necessary guidelines. We anticipate that these guidelines are subject to change but as of May 2021, these are as follows:
- There is a strict maximum capacity on shows and events. Most events are pre-bookable, some are drop-in and these will be managed at the event by staff to ensure numbers do not exceed guidelines.
- E-tickets are in operation, please show your tickets on your mobile phone and these will be scanned at Hullabaloo in the Park
- All events / shows take place outdoors and social distancing guidelines will be in place
- Track and Trace scanning will be available. Please also leave your contact details when ordering tickets.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout the Hullabaloo in the Park areas
- One-way systems will be in place and clearly marked
Current guidelines will be communicated via your pre-show emails. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries regarding this and we will be happy to help.
What if I don’t feel well?
Please DO NOT attend Hullabaloo in the Park if you are displaying any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough – coughing for more than an hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – you have noticed that you are unable to smell or taste anything or things smell or taste different to normal.
Hullabaloo in the Park is an outdoor festival and so please expect the Great British Summertime and prepare accordingly. There is plenty of natural shade in the park, but all events are outdoors so please remember to bring sun cream and hats for you and your little ones.
Will Hullabaloo in the Park still go ahead in bad weather?
In the event of inclement weather which renders it unsafe for events to proceed, we will endeavour to relocate performances and events to The Hullabaloo where possible. All ticket holders will be contacted 12 hours advance should this be necessary, so please confirm that we have contact details for your party and updates will be posted on our social media pages.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or queries regarding Hullabaloo in the Park, we can be contacted on 01325 405680 or firstname.lastname@example.org